Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch!

What a fun day we had. We braved the 30 mile an hour winds and blowing Kansas dust to enjoy the pumpkin patch! As it has rained every weekend in October and is supposed to start again today (Sunday), this was going to be our best shot at staying dry!



I think I picked the three best sunflowers in the patch, what do you think?


There were a lot of fun activities for the kids to do, I tried and tried to get Kaylee to look at me, but being the stubborn little thing that she is, this is the best I could get.


Grammie went along with us! There were so many pumpkins to choose from. So colorful and nice. They had white, green, striped a really neat red orange color and the normal orange ones. The kids had a blast roaming through and finding their perfect pumpkin.



This one is Isaiah's treasured pumpkin. He would not part with it once he found the one he wanted. I even had to put him in the wagon to ride along with it, I think he thought we might put it back..lol. It was too cute.




We enjoyed a hayrack ride through the ten acre pumpkin patch, pulled by two beautiful Belgian horses. Below is a picture of the horses and the man who was manning the reigns.



This haybale slide was a real hit with the kids as well. Trev thoroughly enjoyed it.



Enjoying the hayrack ride.





We even attempted the 7 acre corn maze. We spent over an hour in there and were only halfway through, and the kids were getting very tired and cranky. We saw a perfect spot to exit to the road, so we made a break for it. I know, we cheated, but with three cranky kids and me having been stung in the inside part of my ear by a bee, and being slapped in the face constantly by blowing corn stalks, it wasn't fun any longer..sigh. We were more than happy to depart and go and find our pumpkins! I swear I will never attempt another maze without someone who has a good sense of direction and can read the silly maze map they give you, as I am geographically and map challenged when it comes to mazes.


All in all though it was a very fun day, the kids were asleep shortly after getting into the vehicle and slept the whole way home. They, along with my MIL and I were exhausted.


This is an ariel view of the maze, as you can see it is quite large. Isn't it just amazing that someone can go in and cut a pattern out of feed like this? We made our great escape out of the maze to the road on the upper right hand corner on the pic. Which then we had to walk all the way back to the patch which is the very bottom of the pic, just below the barn that is cut off there. But it was well worth it, as we may have still been there today trying to find our way out. haha.

No comments: