I have often heard the quote, "If he brings you to it, he will bring you through it!" I know God is helping us through our trials in life and if we have faith in him and believe that anything is possible, he will help us through even the roughest of times.
Although I know this in my heart, it is so hard sometimes to keep the faith and think that things will get better. Especially on days like this past Saturday night and Sunday morning. My father in law came home from the hospital on Thursday at noon after being there for a month with acute Pancreatitus. He has lost complete function of his pancreas and the illness shut down his kidneys. So he has to go three times a week for dialysis since they aren't functioning. Since the pancreas produces all your gastric enzymes and your bodies insulin, he has to take enzyme supplements before each meal and insulin shots at each meal to keep him going. It is a really bad situation. Well he was home 2 days when Saturday he got really ill and went into a diabetic coma and was taken by ambulance back to the hospital, he pulled through after a really rough night and just as we heard that they had stabilized him, the phone rang and it was my mom, her sister(my aunt)had just died of a massive heart attack. She was only 49 years old. Such tragedy. It is times like these when it is hard to see the light. How much can one person take and keep functioning? We still aren't sure my FIL will pull through and make it home again. I have to be strong, I have to keep faith in the Lord, but it is so hard sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sandy, my heart goes out to you and your family. I was so glad to hear that your father in law was able to come home, but now it seems like things are up in the air again. I am so sorry for the passing of your aunt as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Oh, Sandy. I'm so sorry about all the trials you are dealing with right now. It seems like sometimes it's so hard to see the light for all the darkness, I know. Just hang in there, stay strong, and know that many of us will be thinking of you and have you in our prayers.
Post a Comment