With all the changes that have came about in our family the last couple of months I have been pondering the future and what it is that I want to do with my part of it.
Next year my youngest will be in Preschool and the other two in Grade school, so I will have a little more time to do things I want for myself. I have been looking into school and seriously thinking of getting my degree in Accounting that I vacated so long ago. There is a College nearby that I can attend during the mornings while the kids are all gone. You take one course at a time for 6 weeks and then move on to the next. It would take 18 months to get my degree. With Tom taking over the farm since his dad is unable to return to work, it will come in handy to have an accounting degree for the farm as well as working at a job outside the home.
I have been home with the kids for over four years now, which has been a true blessing. Although I am getting a bit anxious to get back into the workforce. We really don't need the extra income, but it would be nice to have that extra cushion with the economy being so unpredictable lately. It really is scary to walk into the unknown.
I guess I am just looking for advice as much as anything, how do the mothers out there balance home, school and their kids? Would it be crazy with busy kids to try and even attempt school? Any tips on balancing it all?
I haven't posted in a while about my FIL. He came home on Christmas eve and has been home since. He was released from Dialysis a week and half ago so doesn't have to go through that right now. He is still very ill and has another large abscess and infection in his stomach. Which will need surgery in the near future. We are very Leary that he would be able to survive another major surgery. He is so very weak and can only walk short distances with a walker. It is so hard to watch him and see how he has gone from a very active and social 65 yr old man to a brittle, unsocial, sick frail man in a little over 2 months. It breaks my heart that he is suffering so much and has lost his independence and zest for life. I know that the time we have left with him is precious, so we are making the most of it. I pray every day that he finds peace and comfort in his life and can live pain free. It's just a waiting game for the time being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I went back to school but it was long after my kids left home. What I can tell you is that you can do it, and it will be worth it when you do. I loved it and surprised myself by doing extremely well. And you will too.
My heart goes out to you and your FIL. I too hope he finds peace and comfort from his illness. School sounds great. I want to go back and finish the little bit that I have left as well. But it will still be a few years before that is an option for me!
Post a Comment