Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fun on the Farm!

It has come to that time of the year again when we need to get our wheat drilled and our fall crops harvested. We have had so much rain lately that it is becoming quite grouling trying to get it all done.

Trevor enjoyed an afternoon with daddy drilling wheat. Boy was he excited and was telling me all about it when I picked him up. It amazes me how much he can comprehend and do at four years old. He told me everything step by step in detail that they did. He was excited to say the least.



With Tom being so very busy right now, the kids are lucky to see daddy an hour a day if that, so when it works out, I try and take them to the farm to see him and also to see what we grow and how it is progressing. They really enjoy it. It also makes me so proud when we are driving down the road and they can look at a field and tell me what is growing in it.

I never thought as I was younger and driving down the road that I would ever give a field of anything a second glance, having grown up a city girl and not ever experiencing farm life, but I so enjoy it now that I married into farming. It can be so stressful and trying considering EVERYTHING relies on the weather. But to be able to provide food and other commodities to so many people and animals makes it well worth all the stresses we endure.

Here's hoping that the rain stays away and we get all our wheat drilled and our fall crops harvested before the freeze comes.

1 comment:

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow! that's pretty amazing. the photos are gorgeous, too!