
Trevor got a frog habitat for his Birthday, the boy LOVES toads, bugs, worms all that kind of icky stuff, he is such a boy. So I knew he would love this. And he does! We went Saturday evening and he got to pick out his new pet. It is a Fire Bellied Toad. It's about 2 inches long and has the brightest red markings on it's underside, very pretty color.
I was sitting here on the computer the other evening after everyone else was in bed doing some research and I heard this sound that sounded like a dog barking at a distance, I got up and checked on the kids who were all fast asleep and then followed the sound, it was the frog! I guess it is male and when they are ready to mate they make this sound. Nice! The worst part of the whole thing is feeding it live crickets. I let Trevor do it, as he is not afraid to pick them up. I on the other hand, about freaked when one got away from him. They are very small crickets and a light brown color, so it was hard to see on the brown carpet. But we found it, thank goodness!
So now we share our humble abode with a toad. Toby the toad to be precise!
3 comments:
That is the coolest toad ever!
I will let you enjoy the critters and I will just look at their pictures!
Toby the Toad -- how fun is that! I love it that Trevor is such a boy -- and that means totally that he can take care of the crickets! I'm with you on that one - yuk.
Post a Comment