Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer...almost gone already!




It is so hard to believe how fast time goes these days. Life seems to be moving at a constant fast forward pace with no sign of any slow downs in the future.

This year my older two will be in preschool four days a week. They start on Sept. 4th and I am excited to get my oldest back into a routine and get Miss Thing started on a more structured one. She had a really hard time last year when brother got to start school and she didn't. She is really excited about it. We shall see how excited she is when she has to get up early to go..lol. She is so not a morning person. (wonder where she gets that from? twiddling my thumbs)

Our summer has been so busy with appointments and family things that it doesn't feel like it has really been a summer, although the heat has been a slap in the face reminder the past couple of weeks. I am ready for fall weather and the beautiful changing of the trees. I want to get some new flower beds started in our front yard and have been waiting until it cools off to get the hard work done, so they will be ready for shrubs and flowers this coming spring.

When we moved into our house four years ago, we had so many things we wanted to do to the landscaping and yard, we got the sprinklers put in, the decks built and a few shrubs, but nothing to the extent we wanted. Then the kids came along and there was not enough time to get them done, that on top of the fact that the hubby is a farmer and with all the land they have, he never seems to have much down time. When he does he wants to spend it with the kids, so I allow him that luxury. I know as the kids get older and become more independant I will have more time for gardening and making my yard beautiful. And they will be able to help once they learn the concept of not pulling or picking all the pretty flowers..sigh.

Well, I kinda fell way off subject there, so before I ramble on endlessly I had better stop. It is another smoldering hot day out there, 104 last I checked, so we will be spending the late afternoon and evening inside. So I better find something fun and entertaining to do. Otherwise there will be 3 bored kids running rampant in my home. Hope it's cool where you are. ;0)

No comments: