Monday, January 28, 2008

Definately a Monday....



This image sums up my day. I normally take my kids to daycare on Monday's for a few hours to have some much needed "me" time(although I normally do my grocery shopping, errands and any appt's I need to do without kids on these days, so it's not really "me" time per se). But the last three Monday's my daycare ladies kiddo's have been sick. So I have not had my down time that I so greatly enjoy. And today, I really, really need it. Oh well, there's always the hope for next week right?

Is it just my kids or is there something in the air today?? My oldest has been bouncing off the walls. He normally naps for a couple of hours in the afternoon, but today he was having none of it. Therefore the other two weren't getting much of one either, as he is unable to be quite. I have transformed into my mother today and used each and every threat in my books and let me tell ya, this kid is tough. I am finally throwing in the towel for today and just going to roll with it.

He is currently running wild in the backyard and has mud caked up to his knee's, but at least he is not screaming like a mad man in the house. Thank goodness for the 65 degree weather we have today, cause tomorrow we have snow forcast and a high of 30. Welcome to Kansas, the only thing you can rely on, is that the weather can change in the blink of an eye.

So here's to opening a stiff drink of Dr. Pepper and lots of ice and kicking back and watching the mud wrestling that has bestowed itself on my backyard. Hope your having a lovely day!

2 comments:

Jori said...

Wow that is a drastic weather change! Good thing the kiddo's can burn off their energy today, before they are couped up tomorrow. Enjoy that Dr. Pepper.:)

100 Percent Cottam said...

great attitude! days like that are the worst. here's hoping you get that me time soon!