
I had a wonderful weekend. My oldest and dearest friend Christel and her little girl came to visit and we had such a wonderful time. I haven't seen her since September and it was time to spend some girl time together.
We hit the big 40% off sale at Old Navy and cleaned up on outfits for our kiddos. I love the new spring fashions they have. So cute. Especially the little girl things. We spent a lot of time talking and catching up on things in our lives. It was so great to see her. I really need to make an effort to find the time to spend more weekends with her. She and I have been friends since high school, and since this will be our 19th year out of school..(eeegaddds..I am getting old,) that's a long time.
After such a lovely day spent together, it all hit the fan. My oldest started in with throwing up and then it started out the lower end, the next thing I knew Kaylee was joining in. I really hoped that the bad colds and strep we have had recently would have been the end to our winter misery, but no such luck. They are still home from preschool today sick. Trevor's symptoms have left, but he is still a little crabby and clingy, so I kept him home another day, Kaylee still has the lower end problem. It is bad. I am praying that Isaiah doesn't get it as he is only a week and a half away from his surgery and if he is sick they won't do it.
I am so ready for spring to be here. I want to open my house and get all the germs and lysol drenched fumes out of here. As if we don't have enough laundry having five people in the family, we now have way more. So it really starts to wear one down. This is the only part of motherhood I really degress. I don't like having sick kiddos. But I guess it's all part of the package of being a parent.
Here's to hoping this all ends soon and we can be back to normal..whatever that might be..ha.
2 comments:
Oh my!!! I hope that the kiddos start feeling better soon. I really hope Isaiah doesn't have to postpone his surgery. Let us know what happens.
oh NO! nothing like the barfs and poops. hope it all passes quickly. keep me posted.
Post a Comment