
This week has been a learning experience in patience. We are all on the mend again, finally..and I am really scared to say that, as it may start the whole cycle over again. So I will stop with the discussion there.
I had a very sureal moment today, I realized, although I have always known it, that my kids are really growing up entirely to fast. We are limited on the amount of time we are blessed with enjoying them, as they grow and become their own person. My moment that clicked with me today was that I need to really enjoy my kids and not be so worried about what my house looks like, or how much I can get done in a day, because when it is all said and done, I will be left with a tidy house and no one to enjoy it with. People will not remember what my house looked like, but they will remember if my kids were happy and well rounded. And how much fun they were.
I need to really live in the moment, if my kids want me to stop doing the dishes or cleaning the floors and play with them, I need to stop and play with them. I need to be a more "there in the moment" parent. And not one who encourages them to watch Spongebob or play in their rooms, so I can get things done that aren't as important as helping them grow and enjoy their childhood. Yes they are things that need to get done, but my house is not going to fall down if the vaccuming isn't done everyday. So from here on out, I am going to be "there" in the moment with my kids more. I am going to really enjoy them, and not worry about the unimportant things in life. After all, time is the one thing that keeps on marching, and before I know it, I will be wishing I did more with our kids.
3 comments:
great thoughts! i agree 100 percent. it's so hard, sometimes, though. because when push comes to shove, "stuff" has to get done one way or another. it's so hard to strike that balance. it's something we're all working on every day! you're doing awesome, i'm sure. thanks for inspiring me!
I have this realization every once in a while when I have totally gotten to busy for my own good. It is nice to slow down and enjoy the blessings in our lives! I am like you and will try to get better one day at a time.
I'm with you girl, enjoy those babies!! What a darling family you have.
Post a Comment