
Image from yahoo photo's.
I have been pondering all day what causes us to have horrific dreams. Dreams that are so vivid and real that when you awaken the images are etched in your mind, as though they were so eerily real.
I had such a dream last night. The kind that makes you wake up sweating and gasping for air and it takes a few moments to get your mind working enough to know that it was just a dream..thank goodness. One that is so horribly bad that you want to forget about it and never think about it again, yet it is all you can think about. It was so terribly bad that I won't even share it, but if something like this should(God forbid) EVER happen. I will not spare any rage on the person who did it.
Why does our mind allow such bad things to come into our dreams and make us endure such pain and agony and then allow us to remember it so vividly? It is a mystery to me. I just hope I NEVER EVER EVER have another dream anything like that one.
Sorry for the ramblings, but it has weighed so heavily on my mind today I just had to share.
4 comments:
Here's hoping for a night with NO dreams - - just a solid, good, peaceful sleep!
Sandy, I have exceptionally vivid dreams all the time. No matter the subject they are very intense. I have found that if I have a dream that just sticks with me all day long if I will pray about it, I can process those emotions so much better (good or bad). Don't let those fears and anger that the dream produced prevent you from seeing the good in life today ;) I am with Jan, here is hoping for a good peaceful night sleep!
Sorry Sandy. Ugh! Nightmares are just the worst. I agree with Mia. Praying will definitely bring you peace.
Thanks ladies for the words of wisdom. I appreciate the help. It is so weird that it was a prelude to such beautiful things over the weekend.
Post a Comment