
The very best reason parents are so special . . . is because we are the holders of a priceless gift, a gift we received from countless generations we never knew, a gift that only we now possess and only we can give to our children. That unique gift, of course, is the gift of ourselves. Whatever we can do to give that gift, and to help others receive it, is worth the challenge of all our human endeavor.~Fred Rogers~
I came across this quote and it really hit home with me, this speaks to me in a few ways. The first of which being that it is so very important to teach our children that the best gift they can give someone is the gift of time from ones self. It can make such a difference in someones life and it is so easy to give. It also talks to me because of the line that says, "Whatever we can do to give that gift, and to help others recieve it" this is special to me because without someone giving I would not be a mother and I wouldn't feel the incredible love and gratitude I feel each and every day when I awake and realize that my home is full of beautiful children and I am so very blessed.
We as parents can make such a difference in our children's lives by just making ourselves available to our children. This along with unconditional love is such a gift.
6 comments:
What a beautiful post! I love being a parent and I love giving myself to my precious kiddos.
Great quote! I love that you have such gratitude to your children's birth mother.
so great!!! love that quote.
I love Mr. Rogers! Finally Ella is just about old enough that she will enjoy his show. I love the quote, thanks for sharing this, it is inspirational and lovely.
Hi Sandy,
I just made my blog private. I would love to invite you to read. When you have time will you email me? jorij at hotmail dot com? I need to know whatever email you have listed on blogger. Thanks!!:)
Oh, I love this one. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment