Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Rainbow after the storm..




We have had a very stormy last five days here in my part of Kansas. It has been both scary and breathtaking. This rainbow appeared out our back door on Monday evening. Trevor was actually the first one to spot it and then as we inspected it closer, we noticed there was a very faint double rainbow. How beautiful. I wasn't able to get the upper one to show up in my pictures. But we could easily see both ends of the rainbow. It really excited the kids.

It is funny how we can go from hail and down pouring rain to a beautiful double rainbow. Isn't it just amazing what mother nature brings us? We seem to take for granted all the beauty in the world and get caught up in our busy lives. It was such a joy to lay back and enjoy this beautiful piece of nature with my kids. You would have thought I had given them a sucker or bag of M&M"s. lol. Oh how I love my three little darlings!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

What a great story about their excitement. I love it. And I'm glad you wrote it down 'cause now you'll remember it when they're grown up.