Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday



So much to be Thankful for. I will try and keep the list short.

1. Beautiful Weather. It really is good mental medicine to be able to be outside and breath in the crisp fresh air.

2. Physical Therapists. I have had such an issue with this blood clot in my leg and the PT that I am doing three times a week has been such a pain reliever. Who knew Electro Stimulation would help so much with pain.

3. Getting over a Funk. I truly hate when I don't feel good mentally and physically. It really gets me and everyone around me out of sorts.

4. My Mother in Law. She goes above and beyond to help out when needed and she is truly a blessing to me.

5. My husband. He works so very hard for our family so that I can stay home with the kids and not miss out on the everyday things in life. He never complains about anything and is always so supportive.

6. My mother. We almost lost her in 2006 to a blood clot that went to her brain and caused her to have a stroke at 53. I thank God everyday that she was in the right places at the right time to get the treatment she needed to minimize the damages it did. She was so very fortunate.

7. Mother's day. More so, the fact that I get to celebrate Mother's day not only as a daughter, but as a mother to three beautiful miracles in my life.

Thank you Tiburon for reminding us to find the good in our lives each week. It could be so easy to fall into a pattern of whoa's me, Instead of being thankful for all the good.

3 comments:

Jori said...

I hope you feel better Sandy. The Lord really does support us during hard times. I am so thankful for that.

Mia said...

I have problems with my hip. The last time I let it go too long I lost tons of muscle mass in my core and in my right leg. I couldn't bear my own weight on my right leg. It was awful! I really think I wouldn't have made it past that without my physical therapist and that crazy electroshock!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon and that they get the clot taken care of.

Jan said...

I love your list. It's so nice to find a reason to stop and realize how really blessed we are.