
What a busy weekend we had. But it was so much fun. We decorated Easter eggs on Saturday and the kids had such a great time. Just seeing the smiles on their faces makes my heart so full. Sunday after church my Mom, dad, brother, sister in law and nephew came up and had Easter dinner with us. After dinner we had an easter egg hunt in the backyard for the kids and then sat around visiting while the kids played. It has been nearly 2 years since my brother and his wife and kids have been to my house and I was so utterly thrilled to have them come this year. Although one of my nephews opted not to come, he wanted to spend time with his other grandparents, but at least one of the nephews was here.
After everyone left in the late afternoon we went to my In-laws for another dinner with them and the hubbies grandparents and brother. What a full day it was, after all that eating and the long day, we all fell into bed exhausted last night. It was also the last night of spring break and we had to get back into a routine today and that didn't go very well this morning. I am hoping things go better this evening and in the morning. We have a very busy week ahead of us this week as well so we shall see how everything goes. But I am so pleased and happy that we got to spend so much time with our loved ones and enjoy the holiday. What a very special day Easter is. It gives us so very much to be thankful for.
3 comments:
Oh, I so miss being close to family at the holidays. I am glad that your brother was bale to come to your house. I am still waiting for all of my brothers to come see the were I live. Happy Easter.
Your kids look darling! I LOVE their Easter outfits. Glad you had a great time with your family.
You don't know me --I'm Natalie's mom and I have checked in here before. Couldn't resist a comment today - -your kids in their Easter outfits are beautiful! Sounds like such a fun day.
Post a Comment